Friday, February 15, 2008

Is Divorce Rejection?

By Jackie Walker



Does your divorce make you feel like you are a reject, been thrown back on the pile, totally worthless, and crying in pain? Even if you chose the divorce do you feel that you have maybe rejected a chance to work at something, put yourself back out on the pile, worthless because you couldn't fix your relationship?


See, divorce works both ways - both sides can feel rejected and worthless. And I bet that surprises you! The first thing to do at this stage is recognize that you aren't a reject - you are perfectly imperfect! A reject pair of jeans might be a pair where the stitching of the legs comes not up the sides as they should, but up the front of your knees - I bought a pair like that once and it was really annoying as I didn't notice the flaw when I was in the shop and the shop was in Lanzarote so there was no chance to take them back and be refunded my money! I did wonder though if my legs were perhaps a strange shape and maybe I was at fault and the jean makers were making things to fit other people perfectly! I really like these jeans, the material was so soft, they clung to me and looked fantastic, it was just the seam of the right leg which didn't work. We were just not meant to be and they were not meant to hang in my wardrobe!


You see relationships are just the same, you can try them on and then discover that in fact one size doesn't fit all, and sometimes one style doesn't suit you. The 'flaw' might be something which isn't transparent immediately or you change shape or the colours fade.


You haven't been rejected and you haven't rejected someone else - that is not a useful way to look at a relationship breakdown - what's happened is you don't suit one another any longer. Time for new jeans me thinks.









Jackie Walker
The Divorce Coach


http://www.thedivorcecoach.co.uk
0800 019 6862


Helping you to get rid of the pain, misery and discomfort of divorce.



Jackie Walker - EzineArticles Expert Author

No comments: